Image Map

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Meet Meagan's CT: Marlyn!

Hi, everyone,

Marlyn Ramirez here, one of Meagan’s Creative Team members who is usually known as lawyerlyn in digiland.

Now what can I tell you about me?

I like to cross-stitch, bake desserts, read romance and detective/suspense novels, travel, take photographs. I maintain a blog -- http://gratefulforlifeslittleblessings.blogspot.com/ -- which displays not only the scrapbook layouts I’ve made but is at the same time my gratitude journal. But that is not the only place I am visible. You can also find my layouts at http://digiscrapstation.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=271 where I first started posting in 2009 when I first became a member of a CT.

Among the layouts I’ve made one of my favorites is the 2011 Highlights because I’ve never done something like it and it turned out really well. And because Meagan already laid the groundwork all I had to do was to choose only one picture and occurrence of a particular month, use a kit which in this case was the A Christmas to Remember and a template from the Year in Review Templates pack. And voila! I had the monthly highlights of 2011 on one page. Thus, my favorite product is the Year in Review Templates pack.



I’ve been to many places but the most interesting place I’ve been to is the Banaue Rice Terraces, north of Manila, Philippines. “These terraces are said to have been carved into the mountains and hillsides by the ancestors of the local indigenous Ifugao tribes, and are 2000 to 3,000 years old. It is also believed that these terraces were created with minimal to zero machinery and were carved mostly by hand so as to provide leveled steps, allowing the natives to plant and cultivate rice. Owing to its effectiveness, they find usage even till this day.” They are indeed spectacular. Too bad we didn’t have the time to get to the bottom.

Hmmm… one thing I can’t live without. A year ago I’d have said my mobile phone. But now that my DH and I can now communicate via Skype I’d say it’s my computer.
If I am asked what my dream is, I’d say it’s to go to Madurodam, a miniature city located in the Netherlands. How long has it been my dream? I’d say for four decades now. One of these days that dream will become a reality.

When it comes to digital scrapbooking, one of my favorite layout techniques is to use CoffeeShop’s Vivid No Wait action to enhance my photos before affixing them to my layout.

Well, I tend to ramble on so I’d best say tata at this point. And if you reached this stage without falling asleep kudos to you.

Have a very Merry Christmas everybody!

Marlyn
Pin It!

No comments: